Saturday, April 5, 2014

I'm Still Here!

I've just finished my first term back at school and have been settling in, making new friends, learning to negotiate public transport at peak times, working on bridesmaids dresses and fitting in some eating, sleeping and quality time with my loves.  Exhausting doesn't even come close!  It has been a very long time since I had 'full time' anything away from home, and it's taken some serious adjustment!

If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen a little of what I've been doing at school.


The wonderful thing about this diploma course is you jump right into the practical learning.  Blocks, patterns, design, a full day of sewing every week!  Then there are the business and sustainability classes as well.  That sustainability class is right up my alley!  All those things I've been trying to do in making my own personal wardrobe on a grander business scale.  I'm hopeful that now the routine is established I might be able to make the time to get back on the blogging horse.  There's so much I want to share!

So now I have two weeks break to catch up on sleep, finish up the bridesmaids dresses, catch up on blogs, start some assignments, get to know my children again, spend more than a half hour at a time with my husband!  Along with all that, Thread Theory have released a new pattern and the sew along starts this week!  So wonderful Darron, who has had his 12 outfits put on hold and has been keeping the home life running smoothly as well as working full time himself, will get some new trunks!  A small token of gratitude for making it possible for me to do all this.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I've been wondering how you're going! Full time is...full on, isn't it?! Keep us updated on your sew-along :-)

    ReplyDelete