Saturday, April 23, 2011

Stretchy Legs

I'm going to make a spreadsheet to keep track of all the babies being born in the next 6 months! There is no other way I'm going to be able to keep track of when everyone is due and what I have planned to make for their babies! Seriously, it's breeding season amongst our general acquaintance.

In the mean time I have been working on a couple of basics for our babe, like stretchy legs. Soft interlock leggings with feet, perfect for keeping tiny socks on! The green pair are soft cotton interlock, the red are cotton interlock with a brushed back, so they're super soft and warm. Half a metre of fabric will easily yield 2 pairs with a bit left over. (super christmassy colour combo is completely unintentional, but decidedly festive!)

The pattern is one that my mum has been using for years. See below for the leggings I used to wear nearly thirty years ago that have survived being worn by my dolls and stored in the toy box for umpteen years to be brought out, washed and used once again for a real baby!


Decent well made basic baby clothes will never go out of fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment