The bottoms are from this lovely unisex trackies pattern. Narrow legs and very high waist. I mean extremely high waist. I could have added straps to the waistband and worn it as a jumpsuit. Even after reducing the hight they sit right up to my waist but for pyjamas thats pretty damn comfy. Having used the pattern for PJs I'm going to make a few little mods and make some trackie pants.
For the top I drafted the pattern below up to size 14. I shouldn't have bothered as the pattern has way more ease than I was expecting, I could have cut a size 10.
To break up the vast expanse of blue I used some of my large collection of thrifted elastic. Cream lace at the neckline and the hem. My local op shop has a bigger range of undies elastic and elastic lace than any of the fabric stores around here. Its brilliant.
The best part of the sewing week was Friday. Darron took both kids to the zoo for the day and I got to spend a whole day sewing uninterrupted with my music loud. I finished my trousers for April, but even trying them on and adjusting as I went, once the waistband went on they were miles too big. So the waistband came off. More adjustments were made yesterday and now they (mostly) fit!
It has been over three years since I've made trousers, and even then I was a novice. Fitting has never been my strong suit and fitting trousers properly is a skill I am yet to master. So I will make more and figure it out. I may need to look into a class.
Also, to claim my blog on Bloglovin' here's the obligatory: Follow my blog with Bloglovin